Lets face it, sometimes our toddlers are the best puppies we will ever have. I’m not saying it to be mean, I’m saying it based on my observations of my own canine-like offspring.
My one year old:
-At meal times, if she isn’t securely strapped in her own seat, she crawls under the table waiting for the other kids to drop food on the floor.
-She will eat quite literally anything off the floor, cheerios, scraps, rocks, poop (oh yeah like you’ve NEVER had a kid poop on the floor), ect.
– She begs
– She tries to climb up my leg
– She randomly falls asleep on the floor
– She slides on the hardwood when she is walking to fast.
My three year old
– Has “marked” literally every room in the house.
– Runs the length of the house, from kitchen to bedroom, back and forth until he runs out of breath.
– Sometimes licks himself
– Also begs
– Has those big sad eyes down pat
– Is fascinated with his “privates”
So next time my older kids ask me (for the millionth time) for a puppy my response will be, “we already have two… now go walk your brother.”